Changing Your Contributions

Home > Flexible Benefit Plans > Changing Your Contributions


Changing Your Contributions

Your payroll redirection can only be changed at the time of enrollment for each plan year. Exceptions to this rule are a change in your family status or your spouse’s employment status. Examples are:

  • Marriage
  • Separation or divorce
  • Death of a spouse or dependent
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Termination of employment, reduction in work hours, lay-off or leave of absence

The IRS also allows for a change in payroll redirection when the controlling factor for the change is initiated by an outside third party (not the employer or employee); there is a significant change in the employee’s or spouse’s group health coverage during the plan year; or the employer changes the employee’s required group insurance premium contributions. Dependent Care payroll redirection can be changed if the employee changes daycare providers during the plan year.


Changing Your Contributions

For information or personal assistance, please contact the Benefits Department or our Flex Plan Administrators. If you have any questions regarding Group Services, please contact Nico Insurance.

We do all the HARD work so you can make an EASY Decision

Give Us a Call Today

(619) 667-2111